Image Map

5.18.2017

A Woman of Her Word

Pretty sure I promised you guys a blog post in May.

And guess what.

It's May.

Wow ok so. A lot has happened. I'm actually interested in getting back into blogging, but more on that later. Maybe in this post or another one in the future. Either way... I want to write more, and this is where I can do that. Because I could fill up books and books of Moleskin journals with all the writing I want to do, but that would hurt my hand. And I'd run out of pens. And journals.

Well.

How do I want to go about this. I could make this an essay post? Or I could write just a LOT in this post. Let's just see where this takes us.

We'll start with the easy.

We bought a house.

It all started at the beginning of this year, as the clock struck midnight, and we wrote a resolution to buy a house this year. There were a lot of reasons behind that decision, we needed more space, we were tired of renting, we wanted a new adventure.... A few months passed. More like a few weeks. We signed a contract on our rental town home one more time, with the end date being September 2017. We'd look on Zillow for fun, we learned different things about buying houses...

Until Joe's work implemented a policy stating that remote work was no longer an option. This was a bummer for us, but imagine the bummer it was for our landlord, who worked for the same company, but lived in Colorado. He was given a few weeks, and was asked to come back to the state. Of course he wanted his home back! So he asked us to think about moving out, if we could. He knew we were buying a house anyways, and just asked if we could move up the timeline.

We did.

A lot.

Found a realtor, a mortgage company, a house, put in an offer, went through a nightmare of negotiations but a daydream of financial windfall and enormous blessings, closed, cleaned, and moved all within the space of 6 weeks.


We became first time home owners the day before Joseph turned 28. Happy Birthday, Joseph dear. 

We moved in on Joseph's birthday! A busy and exhausting day. Furthered by the fact that...

Number two big update, it was a week before my due date.

Ah. 

I never did tell you.



Well, yes. Late summer I was met with a whirlwind of emotions and two pink lines on a test. No one really talks about what you go through, emotionally, with a surprise pregnancy. Especially when your oldest isn't even a year old yet, and the surprise definitely wasn't in your plans. I don't think this post is the place to dive in deep on that. But maybe another time.

But the last year brought a lot of growth. A lot of surrender, in a lot of ways. A lot of prayer and reliance on a plan that had to be greater than my own, it was the main way I could stay positive. That had to be certain. A lot of conversation with an unborn child, trying to learn about who he was, what he was like, what his nature would be. 

So we moved, when I was 39 weeks pregnant, and the baby boy stayed put for another 11 days, making a very abrupt arrival. But his arrival deserves a post of its own, so stay tuned for that.

I did say I wanted to blog more, right?

Well.

We live in a new area. We're still in Arizona, but it seems like a different world. Rabbits and road runners run across our front yard. We HAVE a yard. We have rose bushes and fruit trees and all sorts of everything! There's parks and ponds and pools and parties. We live a 5 minute walk from the park.

And oh this walk. 



Down a pathway lined with flowers and trees. It's a little too perfect, a little surreal. 

Life has taken a lot of uh. Analysis lately. A lot of change came about in a short amount of time. Joseph hit his 2 year work anniversary today, and I was surprised that it had already been so long, but surprised that it had only been 2 years as well. 

In those two years we've moved to a new state, brought two boys into the world, bought a house, I started a new job.... With the majority of all of that happening in the last 9 months. 

With all that change, it's easy to lose who you are. You become so busy DOING that you forget maybe why you are doing things. I've had many conversations with myself, figuring out who I was and what I wanted.

Thank you Kon Marie for helping with that!

I cut things that didn't bring joy, and welcomed the empty space to fill it with joy that was purely choice, not mandatory. 

Things that bring me JOY (in no particular order)

My husband, my sweet Joe.
My two boys.
My job (just teaching in general).
My beliefs. 
My family
Yoga
Writing
Being outside
Gardening
Tidying

That list is not comprehensive of what brings me joy, but things up there are things I'm using to fill my time. 

So here is the New World Adventure. ALL INCLUSIVE. Is that what I mean? Nothing barred, it's all on the table. You know all my big secrets! I'm looking forward to exploring through writing again, to making it a part of my life and a way to meditate. It will be interesting! All that change I talked about, there's a lot to catch you up on, a lot for me to learn more about as I write.

So let's see where this takes us.


Post Script:

Joseph will appear in pictures, I swear hahaha. The boys' Oma (my mama!) has been in town and her camera has gotten a lot of use, mostly when Joe was at work. But maybe a dAtE nItE post will be making an appearance on a blog near you! A BLOG SO CLOSE IT'S THE ONE YOU'RE READING RIGHT NOW.


No comments: